Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Weekend in St. Paul

We had a fantastic weekend at Katie and Matt's in St. Paul. They were superb hosts. I honestly can't remember the last time we had such a nice getaway. Thank you for having us.

On the way into town we stopped at Fort Snelling to see my Grandpa Trunnell's gravesite. Looked high and low. but never quite found it. It's the thought that counts though right?

Saturday we all took Bennet to the Como Zoo. She did not like the dark monkey house, but was amazed at the giraffe and sea lion.
Aunt Katie holding her up for a better view.




That night the entire family went out to Buca di Peppo for dinner. OMG- italian, cheesecake- what else do you need?! It was heaven. It was Matt G's 27th birthday and Ma & Pa Trunnell's 34th wedding anniversary so we had many reasons to celebrate.







The whole group.



It was so sunny so we're a bit squinty- but not a bad family photo.

Back to the house for a rousing round of Karaoke Revolution. It was so much fun I seriously thought I was going to wet myself. Nick and I sang 'Endless Love' and let's just say it wasn't pretty. Will be confiscating that video I tell you. My parents rendition of "Sweet Caroline" was pretty classic too.
Bennet wanted in on the action.

Jam on Nick- Jam On!

It wasn't that bad Dad :) Katie is really good. You can tell she's had practice.

We did the March of Dimes WalkAmerica walk Sunday and it was gorgeous. Temps in the 80's with a cool breeze. A nice 3 miles walk around Lake Phalen.

No comments: