Monday, May 21, 2007

Weed-Be-Gone Weekend

Where did the weekend go? Nick and I were in the yard by 9 a.m. on Saturday to attack Project Weed-Be-Gone. We made some decent headway and Grandma and Grandpa Trunnell pulled into town around 11:20.

Saturday between the rain and sun we got 5 gardens weeded and mulched, basement spare space converted into a bedroom, Nick's office furniture moved down the basement and a bed brought back upstairs to his office, and laundry. Somewhere in there I managed to run to the grocery, marinate a flank steak, prep strawberries for shortcake and take a shower We had a nice dinner- marinated flank steak, garlic ranch smashed potatoes and sauteed red/green/yellow/orange peppers. Delicious if I do say so myself. Then Nick and I took advantage of a babysitter and bolted to see Spiderman 3. It was ok- but nothing like the 2nd one. It was a FULL day!

Thank goodness Sunday had a high of 53 because I don't think I could have done another full day in the yard. As it was we still managed to put up a playset for Bennet and work in the house. Nick pulled a muscle or pinched a nerve in his arm and was out of commission for part of the day, so Grandpa helped with the playset.

Bennet enjoying the lilacs. Grandma enjoying taking photos.
Bennet discovered drinking from the hose is fun. She was drenched but happy.
A new playset? For me?

Thanks Grandpa- but I'm far more interested in putting rocks in Mom's new water bottle.

I have bed head again. I promise I do style my hair.



Matt & Katie- check out Nick's sweatshirt. He gets alot of wear out of it. Best gift EVER!

A big thank you to M&D/G&G for all your help this weekend. The house/yard isn't perfect- but it looks a heck of alot better now than it did. Thanks again!

No comments: