Thursday, July 26, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Megan and I braved the midnight release party of the 7th and final Harry Potter book. I'll be honest, I was pretty darn excited. Not as excited as the uber fan Megan- but close.

We got to Barnes & Noble around 10:40p.m. but couldn't get inside. We were told that they were at capacity due to fire codes. So we stood outside and waited. The line went forever- but we were pretty close to the front. I geeked out in Megan's Potter glasses and Gryffindor scarf. This is what a 31 year old pregnant Hermione would look like. :)
Tick tick tick tock- what time is it?

This woman couldn't direct traffic in a ghost town. She stood up on that podium shouting instructions and driving everyone bonkers. It took all the patience I had not to run up there and take over myself.
Ah- at about 12:45 a.m. we purchased the book and headed home.

After 2 hours on my feet I was beat. But first thing Saturday morning it was just my coffee, couch and Potter. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a book so much. It was just exactly what I'd hoped it would be. I cried a couple of times, laughed more and when I finished just sighed a happy sigh. I'm reading it all over again!




5 comments:

andrealyn said...

You make a HOT pregnant Hermione!

Anonymous said...

Oh Look - It's Alvin!

ALLLLVIIIINNNNNN!!!!!

Lindsey McFarland said...

I agree with Andrea that is one hot pregnant Hermione!

Unknown said...

you are too funny - you need to scrap those pictures!

Williams Family said...

Hot Pregnant Hermione - sounds like a female rock band!